At first thought, it might seem outlandish to classify a product like Classics Football as an instant classic, what with its throwback nuances and old-school vibes. But that’s exactly what it was last summer, when 2016 Classics Football arrived as a breath of old-fashioned fresh air to a marketplace devoid of the brand for five too-long years. The product resonated with collectors almost immediately for any number of reasons, including designs, variations, short prints, pulpy, old card stock and so much more.
It represented a dramatic revamp from the Classics Football releases of the distant past and ushered in a bold, old rebirth. In late May, the rebirth continues with 2017 Classics Football, a product that relies heavily on the best attributes of last season with just a few new tweaks. On average, each hobby box of 2017 Classics Football (10 cards per pack, 14 packs per box, 10 boxes per inner case, two inner cases per master case) will deliver one autograph and one memorabilia card. Each master case should also include two BuyBack Autographs featuring iconic, Donruss-branded programs from the last two decades.
Additional highlights of the product include . . .
- Rare parallels numbered to 50 or less including Blank Backs, No Names and Full Names of past and present players.
- Hall of Fame-worthy memorabilia and autographs in Canton Collections.
- Sepia Short Prints of the best veterans in the NFL, falling one per box, on average.
- A 300-card base set including 100 current veterans, 100 legends and 100 rookies from the 2017 NFL Draft. Look for the new crop of rookies at one per pack.
- One autograph per box on average from a roster that includes 2017 rookies, legendary dual autographs, current superstars and rare BuyBacks.
- Rare memorabilia swatches from veterans and legends of the NFL, with Prime parallels numbered to 50 or less.
We’ll have much more to preview on 2017 Classics Football in the coming weeks here on The Knight’s Lance. But for now, enjoy this extended sneak peek (keeping in mind that the 2016 rookies featured in the preview gallery below are merely to show collectors what Classics’ various rookie designs will look like):
All information is accurate at the time of posting – content is subject to change and approval. Card images are solely for the purpose of design display. Actual images used on cards to be determined.